** The PDF version of this report may be downloaded here!
For the month of December 2008
- New Miami 32 from 43 last month
- St. Clair Township 52 from 43 last month
- Seven Mile (mutual aid) 0 from 0 last month
- Trenton (mutual aid) 0 from 0 last month
- Hamilton (mutual aid) 0 from 0 last month
- Madison (mutual aid) 0 from 0 last month
- Wayne (mutual aid) 2 from 3 last month
- Ross (mutual aid) 0 from 0 last month
Monthly Total: 86 from 89 last month and 66 for December 2007
2008 totals as of the end of the month
- New Miami 490
- St. Clair Township 583
- Seven Mile (mutual aid) 10
- Trenton (mutual aid) 9
- Hamilton (mutual aid) 10
- Madison (mutual aid) 2
- Wayne (mutual aid) 19
- Ross (mutual aid) 1
YTD Total: 1124 from 1042 at this time in 2007
Of particular note:
The final run of 2008 was made on New Years Eve. Run number 20081124 was made to an Augsperger Rd. address by the back up squad for difficulty breathing by Paramedic Jennifer Schwartz and EMT John Seckel.
No formal training was conducted during December due to the holidays.
Mandatory annual skills testing has been schedule for several days in February.
There were no reportable incidents during the month of December
The member injured in the wet floor incident in June is still currently off work.
During the month of December informal training was held on “Driving Safety”. The department is compliant on all vehicle checks and inspections.
Member Zach Short is currently on Military Leave
Member Sandie Cheek is currently on Medical Leave
Member James Crim is currently on Personal Leave for Paramedic School
Member Marci Gasteneau has an approved shift waiver for limited shifts due to school obligations.
Hiring process status:
- Nicole Taylor – EMT Basic – Initial interviews and checks completed, waiting on second interview.
- Nicole Anderson – EMT Basic – Initial interviews and checks completed, waiting on second interview.
- Charles Kimbrell – Trainee – Initial interviews and checks completed, waiting on second interview.
- James Gray – EMT Basic – current in process of completing probationary training
- Matthew Sparto – Trainee – current in process of completing probationary training
- Terry Shilling – Trainee
- Elizabeth Weigold – Trainee – current in process of completing probationary training
Our current staffing is:
- Paramedics: 8
- Intermediate EMTs: 3
- Basic EMTs: 10
- Trainees (non-certified): 5
Total Members: 26
Total Certified Members: 21
Effective Certified Staffing: 15 (3 leave, 2 waiver, 1 probationary)
* Note that for a 30 day month it requires 20 certified members reliably running 6 volunteer shifts in order to properly cover the first out squad.
We are pleased to report that all certified members (waivers and leave non-withstanding) completed at least the required shifts again for the month of December.
Extra thanks goes to the members pulling additional shifts above and beyond the call. Of special note:
Members serving at least NINE shifts (3 or more extra):
- Dennis Bubemyre
- Steve Weigold
- Bev Ventura
- Donna Lucas
- Brett Procaccini
Members serving at least TWELVE shifts (twice the required number or more):
- Teri Meade
- Jennifer Schwartz
Department shift coverage continues to be less problematic during the month of December due in combination to achieving expected shift performance for all certified members and continued additional help from some. We are pleased to report that this is the third month in a row where all certified members completed at least the expected number of shifts. There were also no out of service periods during the month.
Efforts continue on the planning for a new squad vehicle. Work is in progress on the specification. There are no other developments to report.
800 MHz radio installation is has been completed as of December 15th. Chief Weigold will be attending a “Train the Trainer” course on operation of the new mobile and portable radios in early January. The date for activation of the new system is still undefined.
During the month of December, members from the Life Squad assisted with the “Christmas in the Village” event by serving food, assisting with pictures with Santa, and clearing tables.
In the course of department operations, members attended official meetings as follows:
- December 15 – St. Clair Township Trustees Meeting – Chief Steve Weigold
- December – State EMS Education Meeting – Cancelled – Assistant Chief Michelle Bubemyre
- December – State EMS Board Meeting – Assistant Chief Michelle Bubemyre
The Communications Infrastructure Project is moving forward again as payment was made and a site survey completed for our new telephone system. Installation of the new system is planned for early January.